Wednesday, June 9, 2021

That New Syndrome Again

We have a new couch and two new chairs and now we have a third new chair and a new ottoman.  And I'm trying to not be overly worried about a spec of dirt or dust getting on it.   It's so easy to do, especially when you don't have children, who are basically noise with dirt on them.   

The children wanted to hop on the new, spinning chair that came in today.   I wanted to shout, "have you washed your hands?  Did you take off your socks?  Have you been sweating?  Is there dirt on the back of your pants?"   But I only made them wash their hands.   It's so hard not to want to keep the perfectly clean thing perfect.   It's just not realistic. 

My new car, well, it was half a year ago now, was easier to not worry about.  Mostly because it was the same car as my four-year-old prior car.   It looked and felt the same.   So when my husband looked in a few weeks after it arrived, only to find debris from outside and food crumbs on the floor, he was shocked. 

It was just my car and that's what's been happening with the children all this time.   It wasn't "new" to me. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son brought home loads of things from school as tomorrow is his last day.   Trying to get him to tell me which things will go back next year (he's in the same classroom with the same teachers, beginning his second of three years there) was an exercise in futility.  He's done with thinking about school for the time being.   I can't say as I blame him.   I loved the last day of school too. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter tried to get the new chair to spin as fast as she could make it go.   I think she's going to spend a lot of time on the new spinning chair.   I hope it's sturdy enough to handle her.   She's still pretty light and it's a big chair.  I hope so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment