Sunday, June 6, 2021

My Grandma Is Special

My daughter came downstairs tonight asking for batteries.   She wanted to replace them in two books we have that are for very young children, having only a few words on each page.   The special thing about these books is you can record someone reading each page and as the child changes pages, the book reads itself from the recordings. 

One of the books had the recording lost and wasn't functioning well, but my daughter still likes to record herself making up stories she's imagined as she turns each page.   Tonight, she came down with the other book she had recently found.   She asked for new batteries and said she wanted to see if the recording was still on there. 

And indeed it was.  It was my mother, reading the book to the children.   She did this several years ago.   I told my daughter that book was very special to me, because it was my mother talking and I want to make sure we kept it just like it was.   My daughter agreed completely before taking the book upstairs to her room to listen to Mimi before going to sleep for the night. 

The Big Boy Update:  I have to say I was nerd-proud of my son today when I overheard him in a video game asking his friend, "what's your ping?"   I didn't hear the answer but after that, my son said, "okay, well, what's. your FPS?"   Proud I tell you.  So proud. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   My daughter was overjoyed to have Blake come over today, during his short stay in the US before his next international travel for his gap year.   She was positively manic when she heard he was coming over.   We all were happy to see him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment