Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Turkish delight

My daughter's braillist brought us some of the Turkish Delight she and her husband enjoy eating.  It's not a traditional style like they have in Turkey (some of which I had recently thanks to my new friend in Turkey that has her own filament company) but is similar.  This is milk chocolate-covered and has a rose-flavored jelly center.   She warned us that it might take some getting used to, but she wanted us to try it. 

Why?  Because my daughter had been reading The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, and wanted to know what Turkish Delight was.  On the way home from school I opened mine and took a bite.   There was no, "getting used to" it for me, I loved it.  And I mean I loved it to the point that I wanted to take back my offer to share my piece with my daughter.  That kind of amazingly good, good.  

Fortunately for me, my daughter was not one bit interested in trying something new (she's at that age) and so I got to enjoy the entire thing myself.   When I got home, I went online, found them and shamelessly ordered some more. 

On Monday, I told her teacher at drop-off that I had not only loved it, but I had also ordered some.  She laughed with me and said she was so glad I liked it.  When she and her husband got married many years ago he had introduced her to them and she really didn't like them.  Years later and she is disappointed if they're out of them when she goes to the store in the area that carries them because she said going without them for a week is something she doesn't want to do. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son asked if he could install Pokemon Go on the phone that is his sister's, but he uses it from time to time to message his friends to see if they can come out to play.   He wanted to friend our neighbor because this would help have more Pokemon appear.   I knew this was tricky, but I let him with my fingerprint to install it.   He tried for the remainder of the day to get to the phone, including saying he was just going to go for a walk at eight-thirty at night...for exercise.  He had taken the phone, again.   We had a talk with him after finding him in his sister's room on her iPad, admittedly helping her with a game, "she asked me to help her with".  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Did my daughter ask her brother to help her with her iPad?  Actually, she did.  I have a feeling he talked her into it, but they made a deal.  He would play a game she remembered and help her hatch eggs.  He would tell her what kind of creature had hatched in this mixed-up animal creation game where parts of different animals combine to make strange and unusual creatures you can then race in air, on land, or in water.  Depending on the characteristics you mix together you might get something that can win.

No comments:

Post a Comment