Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dinner

I got up early and worked today until around 5:30 when I couldn't stay awake at the computer any longer.  I went upstairs, intending on taking the nerve medication I was supposed to take at noon, and promptly fell asleep on the bed with my purse beside me.  

My daughter came by at some point, I was so confused, and handed me a little bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough that was from the batch she was making.  She knows I just love the dough.   So in my nearly asleep state at some time around dinner, I ate that little (small) bowl of cookie dough.  My husband woke me up at 10:30 and now it's two-thirty in the morning and I'm finishing up work.  

It was a terrible dinner health-wise, but boy was it good. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son came home today, came downstairs, and said, "Mom, I like how you vacuumed the car, it looks really nice." then he went on to tell me about the snack I had gotten for him and how he and his friend liked it.  He was happy and saying positive things.   We're all trying really hard to see if we can turn around this behavior thing he has going.  Maybe it will work this time.  I really want it to and I know he does too.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has made some delicious chocolate chip cookies again.  Darn her and her wonderful baking.  How am I supposed to eat less and lose a few pounds when she insists on making things I have a terrible time not eating!   She is a great cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment