Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Failure

I think I bad job of managing everything going on.   I get yelled at for not getting one thing done so I work on the one thing.  Then I hear there is another thing I need to do, only I'm trying to do the one thing I was working that I need to work on.   I get tired and I hurt so I lie down.   But I get back up and work late.   I don't think I'm being lazy; I work about as much as I can on things. 

But today I realized I didn't have the right priorities, so I'm making some changes.    I'm trying to put some things higher up so that when I'm out of energy or I need to lie down to get away from the pain for a while, when I get back up, at least I can feel like I was working on the things that are the most important.   

And those things include my children.   When I say "work" they are part of that.   I got the word ,"work" from the Montessori method, which my children always said.   They would be doing "work" at school, which just meant a thing they were playing or learning.   A lot of what I do is work, but my children are not.

The Big Boy Update:  My son hasn't liked me lately.  He doesn't like it when I tell him no more negative words.   He's gotten so cross at me that he doesn't want to talk to me.   I guess I make him angry.   Tonight though, he was nice after I told him he couldn't listen to an audio book at dinner.   He decided to work on a puzzle in the dining room and after weeks and weeks of it sitting out, he finished it all by himself.   He didn't know (or hadn't paid attention) that I got him a fox puzzle for Christmas.   He said he's like to do it together.  It's not a big puzzle, but it would be really nice to do it with him.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I think my daughter is angry at me a lot of the time too.   Not always, but today I think she was just not happy.   After dinner she was nice enough.   I was helping her clean up her room.  She wanted to read The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe to me.   I love that book.  I'd gladly listen to her read that any day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment