Sunday, May 8, 2022

All Alone With the Smoke Detectors

My daughter came to tell her father a smoke detector was beeping.  He decided to replace all the batteries and this time mark on them the month and year of installation for next time.   He asked if I remembered how many smoke detectors we had.  I told him I thought I knew but I could find out quickly.  I had written a blog post about it some time back because we had no idea how many smoke detectors we had until we did the first battery replacement.   

I used the blog search feature and found a post back in 2012 with the information we needed.   Search engines are just amazing things.   This evening we left our children for a few hours while we went to three houses on our street.  Two directly across the street and one two houses over for a street cocktail crawl.  

We have had people move in since COVID-19 started and have only waved at them in passing.  It was odd to be at a social event but things do seem to be getting back to normal, which is good and scary at the same time.  

The Big Boy and Big Girl Away Time:  While we were away at the street gathering I came back in the middle of the event to check on the children.  They were fine and didn't seem bothered at all that we had left or were even gone.  They had carried on about their day without missing us at all.  My daughter had fixed her own dinner and was eating it at the bar.  My son complained that he was starving and of course, didn't know what was available and if could I make it for him.   My children are very different in some ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment