Monday, May 2, 2022

He's Finally Tired

I don't know how my husband does it.  He has energy when I have none.  He's not tired and keeps going and I can barely go on.   He stays up late and gets lots done and yes, I stay up late too, but I had a nap.   I don't know how he keeps going when I'm so tired.   He is amazing. 

We have a lot to do, that is true.  Such is the nature of social media.  You're not really creating content for the people who are watching your content, you're creating it for the algorithms who are sending people to your content.  Or at least that's what you're doing when you're building an audience.  Later, when you have an audience, you are then creating content that they expect, not necessarily the content you want to create, because you need to keep the audience and they are there for what they think you should be creating. 

That is a very cynical way to look at things, but it's reasonably realistic too.   That doesn't mean being a content creator isn't fun, it is just fun with rules that you didn't think you'd be playing against when you started the game.   Still, we have a very nice audience who is supportive and positive.  But we have that audience by virtue of the algorithms suggesting our content.   

Certainly, some of the audience we have is from word of mouth, or I suppose it would be word of link and tag.   But a lot really is from having our content suggested because the logic from the social media thinks certain types of people would like our content.   And they do a great job of that because there is no way we would have ever found ninety three thousand subscribers on YouTube otherwise.   I will never meet or even wave at across a vast canyon full of people that many individuals.   So it's working.  

But it's work.   And in order for the algorithms to think you're worthy of suggesting over many, many, many other content creators who also would like their content suggested, you need to post regularly, and be lucky, and a lot of other things.  But mostly just keep working. 

So we stay up late after the children get to bed.  Tonight I have said no later than 12:15AM!   I hope I can hold to that. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son was angry at me this morning.  I don't really know why, but he didn't speak to me in the car after we backed out of the driveway.   I hated having him go to school angry, but he didn't want to talk.  After school he's forgotten and I didn't bring it up. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is going to sing the National Anthem with her choir at a baseball game next month.  She is not happy about it because she doesn't know the song.  I told her she could learn it, like everything else, easily.   But for now she's totally against it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment