Sunday, May 29, 2022

Everything Everywhere All at Once

I saw a movie today.   I don't usually, rarely, hardly ever go to the movies but this one was one that I couldn't pass up.   It was a sci-fi film involving alternate universes and timelines.  It was a comedy.   And it starred Michelle Yeoh.   That was a combination I just couldn't pass up.  

So this evening we went with Uncle Bob, Uncle Brian and my mother-in-law to see the movie.  We ordered food that was brought to us.  Note to self: do not order sampler platters with four dips and four items that you can't see in the dark.   And we watched the movie. 

It was good.  It was crazy.  It was unique.   My mother-in-law said she thought it was a chick flick.  My husband and I weren't so sure.  Uncle Bob thought it was one.  Uncle Brian said he didn't think it really was.   Either way, it was nice to get out.  

The Big Boy Update:  My son took Adderall short acting today against his will, or mostly against it because he didn't want to take it, but we've been having such difficulty getting him to be successful at home we thought we'd try it.  Things went okay.  Neither bad, but maybe not a completely different day.   We may need to do more investigation.  He said he wanted to be able to eat.  He doesn't like losing his appetite.   He did fold his laundry (which took hours but he watched television) and no one yelled at anyone.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter said she was not going to do her laundry.  No way.  She said she was tired (at eleven in the morning). I said if she was tired she didn't need her Alexa because she would be sleeping.   I took it and in a while, she yelled down that she would do the laundry if I gave her her Alexa back.  I said this was not a negotiation.   Then she came downstairs, said I was the worst person in the world, tried (rather feebly) to choke me, and said she wished I was dead.   Things did not get any better for her after that.  I summarised her actions, starting with me politely asking her to do the laundry up until the point where she threatened my life.   All her decision.   She grumbled.  I didn't budge.   She did her laundry and then acted very nice to me for the rest of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment