Thursday, May 5, 2022

Cancre Sore Times Two

My son came and told me he had a cancre sore today.   He gets them from time to time and I was expecting something fairly large because the last time he resorted to telling me about the one he had it had gotten quite large.   I wasn't expecting it to be so close to his lip and so very large.   He must have bit his lip and it developed from the wound. 

I have some medication that they hated the first time and then they saw the benefit of the terrible taste and awful burning sensation for thirty seconds: because it chemically cauterizes the wound creating a seal over the sore so that you are out of pain and the sore has an opportunity to heal underneath for a day or two before the skin comes off.   

My daughter came in later tonight and said, "mom, I have a cancre sore too."   She has rarely had them, so I was not expecting a large sore also on her bottom inner lip.   She and my son both sat very still and let the medication work it's burning magic.   They both felt better minutes later, even if the taste was rather bitter until they rinsed out their mouths. 

On the whole, my children don't have this happen often.   It seems "often" because it's happened more than twice, but as I think about it now, neither has chronic issues with cancre sores, which is a relief. 


No comments:

Post a Comment