Monday, May 23, 2022

Sometimes I Think I Fail a Lot

I thought I was doing fairly well today.  My husband was out playing golf.   I did have to sleep in because I could barely stand because of an annoying thing going on with my back.  That's not entirely true, I can stand and walk around just fine, it's getting up or down that's the problem.  My doctor prescribed a muscle relaxant, which I don't like taking because they make you tired and I already fight that problem, but in this case it was pretty necessary so I could get up. 

I got the children fed and we even went out to a huge asian grocery store mega market and were having fun.  I thought I was going to lose it in the store with them from a safety perspective for my daughter, who wanted only to do what she wanted and my son who wasn't paying attention with the cart, but I managed to remain calm and all went well.  

And then on the way home I called my husband and the children were screaming in the car at each other and I was letting them work it out.  When we got home I said, this time with force, that they had to put up their laundry that I had washed and separated as well as turned right-side out for them.   They were so angry at me.  I didn't budge.  They were so mad at me and I thought it had been a good day. 

The Big Boy Update:  When I got up very late I came downstairs and tried to tell my son I was sorry I had been in bed for so long and I felt bad that I been asleep and that I hated that my back was so bad and I felt like a bad mom.   He told me it was okay but he was busy and could I let him play with his friends online now?

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter, in very uncharacteristic form told me she thought she knew why the dog listened to me and no one else.  It was because she was afraid of me.   This was after the neighbor's dog had gotten into our house and I thought there was broken glass outside so I was keeping her away from the door.  The dog comes to me from anywhere outside, running, excited, no matter what, because she's been rewarded by me and she's been consistently trained since she was young.  She won't come for anyone else.  Not because she's afraid, I'm her main person.  But it still hurt that she would say that.  She was mad that she had to clean up before going outside.  After I had bought her the things she wanted at the store she really wanted to go to.   She insisted on leaving us and wandering at the store.   The most interesting thing was a lady who asked if she would take their picture holding strange fruits with her friends.  I took the camera and helped.   I didn't even explain and I don't think my daughter would have wanted me to.  I thought I was having a good day with her and we probably were.   Her mood, just like any child, can change in seconds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment