Thursday, May 5, 2022

Taking Notes Again

My son said something today as I was driving him home from school that I thought was very interesting.  He had an insight into something at the time and it impressed me that he had seen through a situation and had summed it up in such a concise way.  

Tonight as I sit here at the computer to write up the day's happenings I of course can't remember what it was that he said.  For years I would get my phone out and take a few words to jog my memory when it would be blog posting time later in the day. 

And for years that worked well for me.   So why did I stop?   I'm not sure.   I do fairly well summarizing something in our children's lives each day, but I could do a much better job. 

I shall redouble my efforts!

I like that saying.   Is that quadrupling your efforts?  If you're re-doubling them?  I've never really known. I shall quadruple my efforts doesn't sound nearly as good though. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son got home and started a new puzzle.  This one is a wooden fox-shaped puzzle with special pieces in it that are. recognizable shapes.  We had to tell him it was time to stop and go to bed.   Once he starts doing things other than screens and can get his mind refocused he has a good time doing other activities.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter helped open a package from my friend Echo from Canada.   Her name is not an online nickname or alias, her mother named her Echo.   Echo makes soaps and bath bombs and she sent us a big box packed with all sorts of wonderful things that my daughter got to open up and smell.   The children can't wait to have a bath to try them out.   I said they couldn't use all the bath bombs at once.   To which my daughter said, "aw, Mom!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment