Sunday, May 15, 2022

Back Home

My in-laws have returned from wintering over in Florida.  We're glad they're back where we call home and are looking forward to having dinner with them tomorrow and all going to see my daughter sing in her spring choir recital. Or is it a concert?   I’m not sure which it is, but it will be nice all around

The Big Boy Update:  My son apparently hates me again. This surprised me to hear tonight because my husband was the one who was cracking down hard on him for a lot of the day.  Do your laundry and talk to us about reasonable screen time for the day and we will work with you.  That was our only requirement.  But that involved a lot of anger and avoidance and.in the end, my son didn’t get screen time after mid-morning.  He could have had a lot more.  If he had been able to do a few things.  He will get there 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter doesn’t think this choir is nearly as good as her school one.  I didn’t realize that until she told me on Monday.  I would have thought it was the other way around given what I’ve seen.  It turns out it isn’t the instruction or leadership, it's the people in the choir.  Her peers badly eek out any sound and she says it’s so hard to hear them. She tries to do her best but she doesn’t feel like she has much support from the others in her level and area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment