Sunday, December 12, 2021

Way Home And Way Behind

So much has happened in the last four days and I want to write about it, but I just have been dead on my feet when I got to the computer at the end of the night.   I want to write some of it down because it's memorable and I think important in the evolution of the Filament Stories brand.   But it's going to have to wait. 

It's going to have to wait because I'm in the plane about to take an overnight flight home.   We missed my son's birthday, which I was sad about, but he is with Nana and Papa and I know he is being taken care of very well along with his sister and our dog.   

The gate is closing.  Time to wrap this up.

The Big Boy Update:  Today my son turned eleven.   Yet again I find it hard to believe eleven years ago I delivered a little boy and became a mother.   

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter was at a visually impaired holiday gathering today.  There was a talent show but she didn't want to be part of it.   But when I sat down in the airport and looked at the twenty-eight text messages, there was one that included a video of her in the talent show singing Silent Night.   It was so beautiful.   Better than I've heard her before.   She was on key and tempo as she sat quietly and sang while sitting at the fireplace.   I wanted to cry it was so hauntingly beautiful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment