Monday, December 20, 2021

A Younger Perspective

My son has lost screen time.   Today was a fun day and a challenging day.   We went on a Christmas train ride with my in-laws which was fun but also freezing cold and raining.   In truth, it wasn't that cold, but it had been seventy degrees yesterday and we just weren't ready for weather that cold.   

When we got back to my in-laws house the children had some soup for lunch and we watched the video with the 3D Printing Nerd that was released the day prior.   It was then that I realized my son hadn't seen many of our videos.  

We got home and some things happened that didn't make the mood any better.   My daughter was in a fighting mood with the people she wanted to pick a fight with being us.   Asking her to do chores or even help us do something to help up when the thing we were doing was helping her in the first place, was a terrible burden and we were awful parents.

My son was in an uncharacteristically good mood and wanted to come "snuggle" with me on the bed.   We talked for a bit and then he asked about our videos.  I pulled them up and we watched some on my iPad together.  

He had some s suggestions and advice—and what he had to say was good.   He's young, but he's heard so much about 3D printing that he knows enough to be dangerous.   But he also sees things from a different perspective.   I'll keep his ideas in mind for future videos.  I'm just excited he liked watching the videos. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son said I was famous to me.   I am most definitely not famous.  I told him there are a lot of definitions of famous and I was known by some people who do 3D printing, but only a very small fraction of the overall people who do.   It was sweet that he thought I was, though. 

The TIny Girl Chronicles:  So defiant.   So incredibly defiant.   I don't know what's going on, but my daughter is angry and doesn't want to do anything while expecting to be served by us constantly.   This isn't going to work for her, but she's trying mightily to get us to do her bidding and do nothing in return. 

No comments:

Post a Comment