Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Hello Random People

Okay, this live stream thing is just odd.  And I mean really odd.   I start prints and kick off a live stream in the printing bedroom.   I tell people who enter initially what I'm printing, the filament, where to get the model, anything interesting.   And then I walk away. 

I go in to check on the print from time to time.   I could do this remotely, but it's a chance to say hello to the people in the room and rinse repeat the above about message.   Maybe I'm changing filament, or maybe it's time to start a new model.   Or I scroll and there have been questions so I see if the person is still in the stream, and if so, talk about my thoughts on the matter.   

There is such a thing as "five 3D printing minutes".  That quantity of time is actually more on the order of an hour, possibly approaching two hours.   Which means I get stuck talking to people.   They're liking the video and doing this thing where they give hearts out, which equate to actual money later on, so it behooves me to hang around and speak to them for a short bit. 

It's random people in my guest room that can hear me, and can type messages to me.   I feel like I'm on a podium talking to an audience who can't see me, because I'm behind the camera.   They can see my hands moving around, but not the rest of me (thank goodness because I haven't washed myself all day.)  It's eerie but in a way it's nice.  

The good news is I can walk away any time, and it's completely okay to do so.  It's practically protocol.   

The Big Boy Update:  My son worked on his Secret Someone gift today.   His class friend likes baseball, blue and Garfield.   So he got him a blue baseball, wrote his name on it and put Garfield stickers on it.   He's covered all the bases so to speak.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter and I were late to school today.   We left the house late and then my son's teacher needed to talk to me.   We could have skipped Starbucks, but my daughter said she was very hungry, and I wanted her to have a big breakfast for energy-purposes, so we went through the drive through and she was five minutes late to school.   Tomorrow, no Starbucks.   We're not doing that again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment