Saturday, December 4, 2021

First Friend Met

Today my first 3D printing friend and I met.   He was on the way to Florida and stopped in for two hours to meet us.  It was during the time the children were in school but he may stop in another time on another trip to meet them.   It was short, but it was a busy time and we caught up like we'd known each other for years. 

In the entire time I've known him I've only typed to him on a social media platform where a group of 3D printing enthusiasts gather.   We met early on when we both had just joined.   He messaged me when he saw I liked filament and from that point on, we've been friends.  

He and his wife are retiring soon and relocating to Florida and this trip was to bring some things down as well as to help his parents move from their home to one closer to where he and his wife will be living.   Last year during COVID-19's worse and more isolated days he lived alone there, working from home and being close to his mother who was quite ill.   His wife remained up north with her jobbed for months, the only people he talked to was via this community that grew up around a creator we all enjoyed printing from. 

It was just a very easy and fun two hours that ended far too quickly.   

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Round Two Injections:  My son forgot about the second injection today and was mad when I picked him up after school and insisted he was going to boycott the injection.  My daughter was terrified for not really a good reason since the last time it didn't hurt much.  They both managed fine and are now fully vaccinated.  My husband and I got our booster today along with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment