Monday, December 27, 2021

Twenty-seven Bananas

My daughter is really into the Yonana machine she got for Christmas.   I said she should get twenty-seven bananas and freeze them all, because at the rate she's going through them it will be less than a week's supply.  

This is what our counter looks like right now as the bananas ripen to what the instruction book calls, "Cheetah colored".  


The Blink Boy Update:  I went into my son's room tonight to turn down or off his playing audiobook.   I was hunting around in the dark for the volume button and afterwards I turned around to find my son right behind me with his hands reaching towards me and a strangely blank yet evil look on his face.   I don't know why I didn't scream.  He was completely still.   He was playing a "Weeping Angel" from Doctor Who.   And he nailed it.   As I moved around I would turn around and behind me, again, perfectly still, my son would have his hands covering his face or he'd be reaching for something or me.   He followed me from the second floor all the way to the basement and continued to try and trap my husband in the corner of the print room.  Had he been able to, he might have been able to send us back in time—that being what the Weeping Angels do.   The only thing the statues can't do is move when they're being looked at, which is why you always find them reaching for you but perfectly still at the same time.    He did such a good job of it that we hated sending him to bed.  We were all three having fun.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  The dog really wants to be in my daughter's room at night and depending on the night she wants her in there or doesn't.   Tonight the dog was so happy on her bed but she wanted her space.   I think it was due to the prior night when the dog decided she wanted out in the middle of the night and woke her up letting her know.   They are so cute on the bed together with the ceiling fan blowing on the dog, keeping her cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment