Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Two Down, One To Go

We have several things happening here coming up that necessitates the house being put back to rights.   It was nice having a few days where we got to (try to) sleep in and not worry about the wreckage that was Christmas.   But the time is over and we have to get back to being responsible adults again, and that involves telling the children they have to clean up their new things and find spots for them in their rooms or other approved locations. 

I decided after dinner that I had to make an effort to get some work done on the de-Christmasification of the house and so, while the children did their own things and my husband was out running errands, I started in on the task. 

It wasn't going to take long, I thought.  I would put each of the children's things in a spot in one room and they could work on it all together tomorrow.   The Christmas things I would move up to the attic and then get it back in boxes once it was all together.   

I was wrong.   It was no small task.   I ended the night after eleven o'clock with only the main floor and upstairs done, and that didn't even include the tree.   Tomorrow, my husband is helping as well.   We did get a bit done on the basement, but therein lies a lot more mess as that's where Christmas unfolded.   We may need to start early as the children aren't going to be the most willing of participants in the task.   I wasn't interested in cleaning up as a child either. 

The Big Boy Update:  Four hours is all the screen time my son gets each day during the break of screen time.   He uses it all up in the morning and then is completely fine doing other things for the rest of the day.   I expected him to balk but he's been fine with it. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter asked me to message Ashley's mother today to see if she was available to play.   I got a quick reply that she could come over any time.   My daughter nearly bolted out of the house.   She stayed until well after dinner and came home tired but happy.   I'm really glad she asked me to message Monica.   I should have thought of it myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment