Tuesday, December 7, 2021

A Very Down Daughter

Oops, my post from last night was sitting in drafts mode.  I hate when that happens. 

My daughter had a very bad night.   I thought she'd had a good day, singing in the choir concert and then getting to see Santa followed by a massage.   But before she went to sleep she broke down and told me about how awful it was to be blind.   She was saying things like she didn't know that there was a reason to go on, that there was never any happiness.   Bad things.  Sad things. 

Does she really feel that way in the way an adult feels depressed?  The things she was saying were alarming, but she also is adjusting to being blind and does have significant mood swings.  I am going to keep talking to her and see how she's doing.   She does have lots of happy moments but when she's in the deep depths of a mood swing, she's very down. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son went to his sister's concert tonight to be there for her.  He was very sweet all day long. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter said she has to ask for help all the time, for everything.  She hates it.  Absolutely hates it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment