Saturday, December 25, 2021

Happiness Was Had

I think 2021 Christmas was a success.   My son was thrilled beyond measure about his computer desk chair.   That, and his underwear were big hits.   The underwear and socks were more of a mellow sort of excitement, which is to be expected—even though I thought I got him very nice boy selections for both. 

My daughter got the build your own gum ball machine.   It was the one thing she wanted from Santa, and it was such a hot item at a very reasonable price point.  My husband found one of the only ones around (from what we could tell) and had driven to the store after paying for it ahead of time.   Santa had come through, my daughter thought.  

But it got better, what with Santa bringing her a Yonana machine.   It's something you need to see videos about to understand.  In short, it makes something the consistency and mouth feel of ice cream from bananas alone.  Granted, banana-flavored ice cream, but unless you've had it yourself, it's just hard to understand how so very like ice cream it is—even though the single and only ingredient is frozen bananas. 

My daughter made some Yonanas today and played with some of her toys.  My son got on the computer with his new keyboard he got from his sister and has been lost for the balance of the day playing with his friends online. 

We went to my in-laws house for dinner, which was prepared by my mother and mother-in-law.   It was very delicious and the company was my favorite in the world.   It was a good day. 

The Keyboard Present:  My daughter wanted to give her brother the expensive keyboard she got for him first, but I had to talk her into waiting again and again, explaining how waiting until the end would have him remember her present the most, because he wouldn't be focused on other presents afterwards.   When he finally opened it and we explained beforehand that she bought it with her own money he got part-way into the bag and yelled, "Oh no you did not!"  Then he jumped up, ran over to her and said, "I love you!" He was so excited.   She spent over a hundred dollars on this "Bloody" branded keyboard for gamers.   Even with his gaming chair, he said his favorite present of Christmas was the keyboard from his sister.  

No comments:

Post a Comment