Friday, October 29, 2021

Unexpected Turn of Events

I was approached by a filament company, who wanted to have a phone call to discuss some ideas after we had swapped a few emails.   I had some ideas and had been trying to think of what I could do that would be helpful to them and interesting to the viewers we have and are likely to build.  I had come up with a plan that I tried to explain over an email.   It was related to how 3D printing was beneficial to blind people because it gave them an opportunity to feel things they might otherwise not have a chance to see. 

I was all set for the call this afternoon but when we were a short bit into the call I realized they wanted something else entirely.   They weren't looking for me to come up with a way we could work together.   They liked our work so much they wanted to know if we would be interested in producing their marketing and filament materials. 

This was a bit of a shock when I realized what they wanted, not because we couldn't do it, but because what a big honor it was that they would consider us for the opportunity.   They came to us because they said we did such quality work and it was clear we knew how to show off filament.    

Couple this with it being my favorite filament company in the world, and it seemed like a filament dream come true.   We were on a video call for two-and-a-half hours, much longer than we had scheduled.   We left the meeting after I got a virtual tour of their production facility, asking all kinds of questions about how they produced filament and discovering how and why their filament is superior in many ways.  

We had the most relaxed, easy conversation with no definite commitments made, but the inference that we would be going ahead and working things out along the way.   We're meeting back in two weeks with more ideas and the goal to set a plan in place to begin work.  

I'm very honored they would pick us.  And I'm very excited to be able to help them.   

The Big Boy Update:  My son had his student led conference today in which he told us all about what he's been doing at school.   We know he does things here and there, but it was impressive hearing about all the things he's working on during the hours he's at school.   He did a very nice job of leading the conference with his teachers on a video call to join in and help if he needed any, but he had the whole conference covered. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles: My daughter wants to go everywhere her father is going when he goes out—even when it's not convenient.   And that upsets her, even though her father has good reasons for needing to go without her on some of the trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment