Saturday, October 2, 2021

I Can Help...No I Can't

I'm still catching up from the night I got no sleep two nights ago.   I was doing well today until I got to the point where I wasn't.   At about six-thirty this evening I lay down, telling my daughter if she needed me to let me know and I'd help.   

Sure enough, just as I'd fallen well and truly asleep to the point where my brain was confused upon hearing my name, my daughter came in and needed help.   I told her something and she went away.   But she came back, at just the point where I had fallen asleep to that same point of confusion.   I felt so badly that I couldn't wake up enough to help her.   

When I woke up later, she was fast asleep on the floor in the basement beside her father who was on the sofa.  I helped her to bed and cried, telling her I was so sorry I had failed her today and hadn't helped her.   She said it was fine and that I hadn't failed her.   I don't know why, but I just feel like I should have been there to help her.   She was very sweet.   I told her in the morning I would help her with the birthday present she had been making for her friend, Keira. 

The Big Boy Update:  When my daughter has friends knock on the door she runs outside, when my son has friends knock on the door after having zero screens for the week just as he gets home from school, a near meltdown occurs.   I told him to tell them I needed his help (I did) but moreover, I knew how much he wanted to get online and see what he had missed all week because we wouldn't let him turn on his computer. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter wanted to give Keira something for her birthday, but since we didn't have anything to give her, she decided to make her something.   She is blind, but that doesn't stop her.   Nothing stops my daughter.    She made her a notebook using the binding machine we have.   

No comments:

Post a Comment