Tuesday, October 12, 2021

There Must Be a Test Or Something

The children aren't allowed to eat anything in the living room.  My daughter doesn't particularly care, but my son is forever trying to bend the rules when he's watching something on the television, sneaking just beyond the border of the kitchen and sometimes even making it to the couch.   I know this because of the crumbs.  

Tonight, I was getting a massage with the massage therapist who comes to work with the children and me and my daughter wanted to make a, "Mini Meal" something she got from Nana.   She wanted to show me her mini meal so badly, but she also wanted to eat it.  

Eventually, Shelia and I relented and let her come in carefully to show the very small portions of several things on a plate she was going to have as a post-dinner snack.   While she was preparing the mini meal she was talking to Shelia, explaining that children aren't allowed to eat in the living room.   But, she said, adults could.   Then she added, "there must be a test or something."

The Fight:  My husband is out of town.   The children wanted to talk to him so badly that they got into a true brawl over who could have the phone.   Their father eventually hung up as a statement.   They have been grounded. 

No comments:

Post a Comment