Monday, October 25, 2021

The Track Out Fib

My daughter stayed over at Nana and Papa's house last night.   She called and was worried she wouldn't have time to finish her last book before Monday.  We told her it would be okay.   She was worried, because we told her the reading and math sent home was not optional and she had put off doing most of it until the last week of track out.  

In actuality, Brady, my daughter's Braillist, sent home some work to help with her math and reading practice, but the work wasn't required.   Tonight I sent an email to all of my daughter's teachers, asking them if they wouldn't mind supporting us with the mandatory expectation.   If my daughter comes home cross tomorrow, we'll know they saw her before getting to the email. 

The teachers don't have access to email during track out periods.   At least I believe that's the situation.   Perhaps they're encouraged to take the time and not open email.  I do know that in the past we don't get a response until after the quarter has begun. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter's fingers get tired reading braille.  I suggested when she's tired to read one more page.  Over time she can build more stamina and read for longer periods.  She happily told me yesterday that she had read two extra pages when her fingers were tired. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son says he's a nicer person when he's not on screens.   It was an interesting insight.   He tried very hard not to get angry when he had to get offline for a meal or other activity this weekend.   He almost lost his temper several times but he pulled it back and was polite every time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment