Wednesday, October 27, 2021

In Person!

Yesterday I got to meet another "Maker" as the term goes for people who do 3D printing.   He and I met on Discord, which is an online group chat platform.   There are people in this particular channel which is all about 3D printing.   There are people from all around the world, hundreds in fact in this group.   

I've met people from Russia, Romania, South Africa, England, Australia and all over the US.   As it turns out, one of the people lives quite close to us.   I had a printer I was wanting to find a good home for and I asked if he'd be interested some time back.  He and his family were going to the beach this past week and on the way home they planned to stop by and pick up the printer. 

He and his family were lovely and I had just the best time talking about all sorts of 3D printing things.   It was really nice talking to someone who loves 3D printing as much as I do.

The Big Boy Update:  My son either loves to give me a hug or he is way too old and cool for hugs anymore. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter's teachers are saying she's having the best week of the year.   I'm not sure why, but I'm glad she's enjoying school.   

No comments:

Post a Comment