Thursday, October 28, 2021

Livestream

Is it livestream, live-stream, or live stream?  Merriam-Webster says it's livestream so I'm going with that.   Today I did a livestream.   For two-and-a-half hours I was live, doing an unboxing connecting, printing, problem solving, three camera and computer swapping between as I ope.ned up a product that has been highly awaited around the world. 

The setup in order to be able to do this is all new.   Most of the lighting, cameras and other equipment we've had, but putting it all together to do something where you're live and anything can go wrong is harrowing.   Plus, people might join that I don't know and they would comment and I would need to respond. 

I didn't announce the stream and I picked a time of day I suspected would cause no one to attend.   I intentionally made the livestream hard to find.   But people who are subscribed to the channel got notified and some joined.   We don't have many subscribers on YouTube, but we had sixteen attending.   I tried not to look nervous. 

Things went reasonably well but wow am I tired.  It's being constantly on for the entire duration.   You can't stop talking, because you're carrying on a one-way conversation the entire time.  I'm good at talking, but this was tough.  I'm definitely tired.  Tomorrow I'll know more about what to expect.   It wasn't as bad as I had expected.

The Big Boy Update:  My son has the next three school days off for student-led conferences and teacher workdays.   Tomorrow we get to hear about what he's been doing at school so far this year. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is so excited about raising money for her school.   She is glad money is going to the school, but her motivation is definitely about the prizes she gets for hitting certain tiers.   She wants to hit the highest tier.   She's going to have to work hard to get there, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment