Sunday, October 17, 2021

Not Getting Along

My Son's Perspective:  My son attacked his sister again today, suddenly and without provocation.  She had a sword that was "his" even though she had just found it in the bottom of a bin of Halloween things.   He contended she stole it with malice and intention.  I told him she absolutely did not, that I'd put the sword in the bin after having it sit around downstairs for a long time.

My son, after extensive discussion in which he became more withdrawn, said his sister intentionally tries to make him angry all the time.  He says he hates her.   He's said that more than once recently, but only when he's mad.  

He said she always gets away with things because she goes into the I'm a perfect little innocent girl mode. I don't know if it's related to her being blind, he doesn't seem to relate it to that, only that she tries to bother him all the time. 

My Daughter's Perspective:  My daughter wasn't having a good day either.   She was wailing and moaning when I came in to find out what the status of her laundry was.   She was upset about losing her blue eyes (they are scarred and are now grey).  She told me, "Mom, I feel muted.   Because my mind is on one thing but I'm talking about another, so it feels like my mind is taking over so I'm not focusing on the things I want to focus on".   She doesn't like any part of her body other than her ears, her nose, and her mouth, she said.   She also said her brother irritates her all the time too.   This is childhood, the lessens she learns now will carry her forward through life, although I hate that she's seemingly so sad right now.   That being said, she just bounded downstairs, apparently completely over the sadness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment