Saturday, October 9, 2021

That's How Filming Goes

I asked my daughter if she wanted to help me tonight with a video we were working on for Filament Stories.  She likes to help and both children love to be in the videos.   Granted, only their hands are in the videos to date, but they love to be involved.  

She said yes and then proceeded to be very cranky about me not explaining what she was meant to do immediately.   I told her I was still figuring it out and I wanted to talk it over with her father, who had just returned from the store with her on an epic trek across grocery stores late at night to find the dry ice my husband had forgotten to get earlier in the day. 

As we planned out the shot we practiced.   She was to hand me three small cups which contained small bits of cut-up filament.   I would say things and then we would try again.   She was so not interested in the process.   She wanted to do something, not wait to do something. 

I told her that's how filming worked and I understood it might be boring, but we had to prepare before we filmed.   And once we filmed, we learned things we wouldn't have realized until we started filming, and then we filmed again.  

We realized a while later that she was very tired as it was after eleven P.M. and sent her to bed.   I think we moved away from the dry ice idea and went with the option I had come up with.   I don't know if she's going to want to be involved tomorrow.   Filming moves too slow for her. 

The Big Boy Update:  It's always good to hear when your child likes his name.  I heard my son say to someone online today, "you know my middle name?"  Apparently, the friend didn't because he said, "it's Fox."  There was a bit of pride in his voice when he said it.   I really do love his middle name. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter, my blind daughter, has been up in the attic, finding the Halloween decorations, bringing them downstairs, and decorating the house.   I've said it before, but she is so very capable.   Beat up from hitting things all day, every day.  But capable.   And nothing stops her.  She was in the trampoline with three teenage boys who got angry with each other.   There was a tussle (they are siblings) and she calmly sat on the trampoline mat until they had worked things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment