Sunday, May 18, 2014

What the Funk?

I feel strange.  I feel tired and almost sick, but I don't think I am.  Last night in the middle of the night I had such a bad tickle in my throat and my eyes itched so much I took a benadryl.  Then, I was so groggy I missed my alarm to get up and run and slept through the entire breakfast period of the morning.   That means I didn't notice my children getting up and being loud pests for breakfast.   I didn't notice my husband moving them in and out of the bathroom to go potty and I didn't hear pretty much anything until eight o'clock.  

And that's late.  I don't sleep until eight.  I wandered around groggy for a while as I got prepared for a baby shower I was hosting later in the day at a friends house.  I got ready, took a tylenol for a headache that seemed like it was going to hit me in the head any minute and then I went off to do the shower thing.

During the shower I was on my game--I had to be, I was one of the hosts.   When we were done cleaning up and my car was packed, I said goodbye and drove off.  Then I realized how not great I felt.

Not great isn't a great way to describe it.  I don't feel sick though.  I don't really feel that tired, although I do feel run-down.  I feel like maybe there's some pollen phase that hits after the main, yellow pollen that's taken hold of my head and blown it up.   That, or it was their cats.  I don't do well with cats.

I felt so crummy that I got into a silly argument with my husband when I got home--an argument I didn't really feel like fighting, so it sort of ended in us not arguing, which was sort of funny.

After I write this I'm going to bed.  At eight-thirty.  It's not even dark out, but bed sounds dreamy right about now.

The Big Boy Update:  "You'll get your tutu wet," my son said to Kira as she was getting in the pool.   She had explained that the thing on her leg was a tattoo she made herself. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter got in bed with me this morning after asking for her iPad.  She told me she wanted, "a new app" which was impressive, so I told her I'd go look for one.  I pulled out my iPad and was going to look for apps on sale, but I couldn't because she was trying to sit right on top of me, leaving no space.  I asked her to move over so that I could look for new apps for her.  She moved a little, but pushed her feet back into the empty spot--the spot I needed to be in.  She looked at me and said, "I want to sit right here...with my toes."

No comments:

Post a Comment