Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Scanner Scam

I was scanning pictures the other day and I just could not get a good scan.  I changed the DPI, (or was it resolution?) I was scanning at and it not only took much longer, it didn't look much better when it was done.  I was getting frustrated because the scanner wasn't bad or old.  Why couldn't I get a picture to look nice?  I had a stack of old pictures I wanted to get done with and at this rate it was going to take more time than I wanted to mess with the project.

Then I had an idea; I'll take pictures of the pictures.  The cameras these days have great resolution.  I'll just lay all the pictures out on the table, take pictures of the pictures and then dump them onto my computer. 

The process was quick.  The pictures looked great.  It was easy.  I didn't  have to process and, "save as" on each picture because they were already numbered automatically for me. 

I'm not sure I'm going to use my scanner again.

The Big Boy Update:  "There's a torn inside me."  We're not sure if it was a splinter or an actual thorn, but it was inside him he said.  He pointed to the spot and we rubbed it well and it seemed to go away.  Pesky torns.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Pee pee problems.  For some reason she's been having a difficult time keeping her bladder under control lately.  She'll be great for a few days and then there will be a day where she wets her pants only minutes after going to the potty.  Our baby sitter (who is also her teacher) saw it in action tonight.  I'd worry she had a bladder infection but it doesn't happen every day. 

Fitness Update:  At the gym today I was having problems with my neck.  After I left and got home I was having worse problems with my neck.  After I dropped off the children for school I went to the chiropractor, who was able to help me out significantly.  He gave me some advice to avoid doing certain types of movements for a day or two...and I laughed.  Oh, those are all the things I just got done doing at the gym.  No wonder I exacerbated the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment