Monday, May 12, 2014

Fed Up Enough (I hope)

I have been "not on a diet" for some time now.  By that I mean that I'm not strictly controlling what I eat and keep a reasonable watch on how my weight changes over time.  I'm not young enough with a crazy metabolism that will burn off anything I eat, so that doesn't mean I can eat anything and everything I want, but it's fairly easy as long as I don't overdo it.

But I've overdone it.  I've overdone it enough weeks in a row so that I'm going to have to get more strict with what I eat for a while.   I tried to tell myself it was just fluctuations for a while but weight doesn't always fluctuate up, which is what mine's been doing.

So it's back on the broccoli and salmon diet for a while.   Not every day, no no no.  That's just my favorite meal when I'm trying to cut down on calories.  My husband made that meal tonight.  I piled in the broccoli and now I'm very full and it was a low-calorie meal. 

I hope I'm fed up enough with the gradual weight gain to stick to this and get back to where I was.   I would just love to tell you all that it's all that muscle I've been putting on working out.   But that would be a lie. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son has a friend two doors over, Ryan.  He likes playing with Ryan so much that he actively tries to find Ryan after school.  It's really his first independent friend.  Sometimes you don't realize how much your child is paying attention to you though because I was surprised when he said to me today, "mommy, can you text Ryan and Kira's mother to see if they can play?"   (He has no idea how to read, much less text.)

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  After getting a bath, my daughter likes to be wrapped up in her towel.  We've taken to using a new towel lately that has a bear part that goes over her head.  Then the rest wraps around her.  She was jumping up and down on the bed saying, "I have a cape, cape, cape...like a bear."

Fitness Update:  Uncle Jonathan joined us again at the gym.  Don does something different for three people working together.  It's fun but it's a lot more, "am I going to make it through this without passing out" type of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment