Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Reverse Sneezing

My dog has been having trouble lately.  She makes this noise that sounds like she's not breathing well.  It happens every so often and I didn't think much of it until recently.  It was happening so much while we were on vacation that Uncle Jonathan told me it was happening so often while he house sat for us that maybe I should consider getting her checked out.

We got home and I forgot about it until two nights ago and then again last night when she woke us up with this wheezing snorting sound.  I took a mental note to call the vet in the morning.

When I got on the phone with the technician she told me, "I think I know what's going on.  She's doing a reverse sneeze."   A what?   She explained it was something dogs did and they were getting quite a lot of calls daily about the same thing because with the high pollen activity right now, dogs as well as people are having itchy noses.

I told her thanks for the advice and we'd all be glad when pollen season was over.   I'm just glad I don't reverse sneeze.  Forward sneezing is enough for me, thank you.

The Big Boy Update:  My son has been going to visit his class for next year this week at school.  I found out he, "counted to five" on the first day.  That doesn't sound very exciting, but knowing how Montessori schools go, it was probably quote an interesting lesson.  Today on his second day, he told me he worked with the bead counters again and that they were fun.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  The poo poo grass.   My son has been practicing peeing while standing up.  He's been doing this in the "wee wee bushes" lately.  My daughter wants to do the same.  This afternoon she said she needed to go potty and I decided I'd show her how girls squatted down to go pee pee in the bushes.   She didn't need to go pee pee...

Fitness Update:  Twelve miles on the bikes taking the kids to school today.  They enjoyed the ride through the park, across the museum grounds and over the highway on the pedestrian bridge to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment