Friday, May 23, 2014

Packing Light

I needed to pack for our trip but other things had taken priority. I was dreading the time it was going to take to get everything in order, coordinated, winnowed down to only what we needed for the trip and then wedged into suitcases and bags based on when we needed it. Usually I had a list prepared so I wouldn't forget anything. Then I remembered...

...I wasn't packing for the children and me; I was just packing for myself. Wait, hold on, that meant packing was going to be easy.  Not only was it going to be easy, it was going to be fast. I was a business traveller for over ten years and if there is one thing you do well as a business traveller, it's pack quickly and efficiently. 

Not only that, I wasn't going to have to carry all sorry of things for the children to keep them entertained and I wasn't going to need to carry heavy carry-on bags because it was only me I was packing for. 

Also, we were going to a warm location. I didn't even go for my main travel suitcase; I got a small duffel bag of my husband's and had room to spare when I had everything collected. I forgot how easy it is traveling without children.

The Big Boy Update:  Jump rope technician. My son stole his neighbor's jump rope. He has been obsessed with it for over a week now. He's tied it to the bridge on the second floor and hung it down to the main floor and then tried to connect various things to it. He's looped it around and over trucks and then hauled them up the swing set ladder. He's going to wear it out at the rate he's going.  He has a similar jump rope and yesterday he found both at the same time. I'm not sure how many knots our house will be in by the time we return from vacation.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Fever. She has had a medium-grade fever since yesterday.  No one else is sick and other than the fever she seems to be fine. She has a large bug bite other thigh we wondered about, but so far it's been getting better, not worse.   She did t go to school today. We hope she feels better soon and thank Nana and Papa for taking such good care of her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment