Friday, May 30, 2014

The Nineteen Chip Count

I've been doing a statistical study for the past year.  It's been very scientific.  I've documented my results and I plan on publishing them in short order.   Well, maybe not so much.  Still, I have been paying attention.  

What I've been doing is eating cookies.  Specifically, chocolate chip cookies.  More specifically, frozen, uncooked chocolate chip cookies.   The way I see it, it takes only two bites to eat a fully cooked, hot, ooey gooey chocolate chip cookie, but if you take the time to eat around all the chips in a frozen version of that same cookie, it takes you upwards of twenty bites.   Also, I love frozen cookie dough.

So about the chips--I've been counting them.   I've mostly been not eating them as well.  I like the cookie dough more than the chocolate chips, so I don't eat them and at the end of the cookie, I count them.

Initially, the count from this specific frozen cookie brand was somewhere between sixteen and twenty-two.  However, over time the variance became less and within the past several batches, the only number I've been coming up with is nineteen. 

Is this some statistical anomaly, or is there some proportion portioning going on at the factory that's determined the optimal number of chips in a cookie of size X is nineteen?   I'll let you know when I publish my report in Scientific American.   Serious stuff, this chip counting.

The Big Boy Update:  Tongue bite.   My son bit his tongue badly at school today after running into the play structure with his chin.  There was discussion about it being, "all the way through".  I have my doubts on that front.  He was fine by the time we picked him up, smoothie in hand.  After drinking that he ate an entire lunch without flinching.   His tongue is definitely bitten, but it appears to be healing well so far.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Hair bow approval.  I've got a new type of hair bow she doesn't seem to be balking at.   We've been successful at keeping her hair out of her eyes for two days.  I'm hoping the trend continues.  Also, she was tired this evening before bed and when she went out front to go play with friends, she lay down in the middle of the street and tried to go to sleep.  Strange how easily she gets comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment