Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Shoulder Shock

I had terrible problems with my spine. Ultimately I had to have two fusion operations in my cervical spine regions, fusing C5-C7 vertebral junctions together. Today, I have two less motion points in my neck, but I'm in much less pain than I was some years ago. 

At the time I had the initial consult, the doctor told me he would consider an additional fusion of the C4-C5 junction, but that it might not be necessary. He warmed me though that I might need another fusion in ten years-(ish) because true degeneration at C4 was non-trivial. 

I now have problems. This weekend on vacation in Las Vegas has been a bit of a trial. I've had unavoidable,  persistent,  exhausting pain in my left shoulder area. Before, the problem was in my right shoulder area. I am hoping I can go several more years before I have to address it with either doctors or surgery, but as of this moment and this past weekend, I don't know that I'm going. To make nearly that long. 

The Big Boy Update:  I didn't know what to get him as a present from our first vacation without the children. I settled on a truck, which he loves, that is a nice cream truck. It's not a very Las Vegas-like present, but I think it might just be perfect for him. 

The Tiny Giri Chronicles:  my mother-in-law has seen her drama queen behavior in action over the past weekend.  She's even asked my daughter if she wants to be a drama queen or a little girl.  My daughter replied to her, "I'm a girl".

Fitness Update:  Six miles. Apparently we walked six miles (or more) today as we went around Las Vegas. I took the stairs because I thought I should after all the food I was eating. I was't tired ever. I was ready to go whe. We got in and then I realized other people in our group were tired. I thought back to how I used to feel before I was in cardiovascular shape and I remembered being tired.  Then infelt bad for walking at the crazy fast pace I was going wiTh everyone else trying to keep up with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment