Saturday, May 10, 2014

Ballroom Dancing

There was this auction item at our school's auction called, "Step into Ballroom".  I'd done ballroom dancing before and it sounded fun.  I told my husband, "win that for me" as I headed out of the main auction area to help in the registration area.

My husband kindly won the item for me, coming over afterwards and saying, "it was for couples."   Oh.  Oops.  Sorry?

My husband, kind as he is, joined me tonight with some of the other families from our school to attend the ballroom event.  There was food, sangria, wine fun friends we knew from other school events and two very friendly ballroom dancing teachers.

My husband (otherwise known as "daddy") did an excellent job learning how to dance.  I'm not really surprised; he's good at picking up new skills like that.  I have no idea how the other couples did, I was too busy trying to figure out the dance moves myself. 

The Big Boy Update:  We got home today and as we pulled into the driveway the song, "Jump in the Line" came on the radio.  My son said, "daddy, don't take the key out" as we pulled into the garage.  We asked him why and he told us he wanted to hear the song.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   Sleeping in her brother's bed.  We came home tonight to find both our children asleep in one bed--my son's.  If it wasn't so dark in their room I would have gotten a picture.  They've never gone to sleep together before.

Fitness Update:  Ten miles running.  I needed it with all the birthday cake I ate at our neighbor's party later in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment