Thursday, May 29, 2014

Solicitations

I did my first, "hard" solicitation tonight. It was to a family I barely knew, although we had a connection through our children at school.   I would have been very nervous, mostly because we were asking for a lot of money for our school.  However, the co-solicitor I had was excellent.  I had confidence in us as a team. 

We presented our case well.   That's not hard, because we have a true need and the fundraising goal is both reasonable and exciting in what we'll accomplish with the money.   Overall, the entire meeting went very well.  We'll find out soon if the family decides to contribute to the school project. 

The Big Boy Update:  Did I mention we've been encouraging my son to pee standing up?  Did I tell you about the, "wee wee bushes"?  The plan is working; he's peeing standing up more.  This afternoon I told him and his sister if they needed to pee, to not forget the wee wee bushes.  I then walked to the front of the house to talk to a neighbor.  I came back to see my son with his pants down.  I arrived to find a large deposit in the bushes.   I yelled for backup from my husband, who threw down a bag and some wipes.   I told my son we only pee on the wee wee bushes, to which he told me, "no, bushes love poop."  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Oompa Loompa hair.  She messes with her hair and takes anything you put in it out.  Then, she can't see because the hair gets in her eyes.  And yes, I know we could cut it, but it doesn't grow to be long hair if you cut it and that's the goal.  So we're still dealing with bothersome hair.   I grabbed a bit at the front and put it in a little elastic band this afternoon.  It was right at the front of her head and looked just like an Oompa Loompa curl from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

No comments:

Post a Comment