Saturday, May 3, 2014

Neighbors and Neighborhood

We have a neighborhood full of people.  For some time it looked like it was going to be just us and a few houses of neighbors we could wave at across the way.  But now, it's a real place, full of real people and real houses and it's wonderful.

We were invited tonight (along with all our neighbors) to a Tres de Mayo party.  The hosts had great food, delicious beverages, and the company from the neighborhood was as fun and friendly as it always is. 

I'm not sure how we lucked out being in a neighborhood with such unpretentious, social and friendly people, but I am so happy about it.  I think I must have said, "this is the best neighborhood" at least twelve times at the party tonight, and every time, people agreed with me.

The Big Boy Update:  Gone Fishin'.  My son went fishing with our neighbors today.  Not much was caught in the realm of fish, but he liked playing with the dogs at the lake and working with the fishing poles.  He got to see one fish, but it escaped before he could examine it up close.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter wanted to help me unload the dish washer this afternoon.  She pulled out one item at a time and labeled it for me.  There was, "a spoon for you, mommy" and "a spoon for kids" for her.  There were also several, "this is very sharp" knives that she carefully handed to me to put away.  She was actually quite a lot of help.

Fitness Update:  Ten miles.  Great day, nice weather, lots of good conversation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment