Tuesday, May 20, 2014

How Many Bulbs?

My husband and I just got done counting every light bulb in our house.  I don't know how many it is yet because I haven't had a chance to put it into a spreadsheet--but I can tell you this, it's a lot.

We're looking at several ways to be better citizens of the planet.  We're pretty excited about seeing how many of those bulbs we can turn into more efficient LED versions.  It's not going to be an overnight change because there are just loads of bulbs.  We've run into buzzing issues for some that require a new dimmer switch that's compatible.   There are wattage differences that make some lights not work well in certain situations.   And there are some bulb-types we have that aren't available in LED-versions yet.

It's a start though.  I'll have to write up another post we we determine how much change we can make in bulbs alone.

The Big Boy Update:  My son's teacher sent me this text message, "I am Spider Man and I am itchy.  I need my spider spray!"  She laughed, got the spray lotion and spider sprayed him all over.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  "Where is my 'tude?"  I had no idea what she was saying until I realized she wanted to know where I had put her inner tube from the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment