Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Poo Delivery

When I was in college we did one of those Secret Santa things with the people on our hall.  The gifts weren't suppose to be expensive, just something little for your college dorm friend.  I happened to get one of the people in our suite.  She was very nice, almost too sweet and kind, and tremendously inexperienced in anything remotely city-life.  She was from a small farm and had lived a fairly sheltered life.

That's not to say that the rest of us, at eighteen-years-old were much more experienced in the ways of the world, but I suppose we had a more mischievous side.  So I told the rest of my suite mates that I had her and we concocted a plan.  It was going to be fun.  It was going to be hilarious.  It was also going to be gross.

I got a box of chocolate pudding and added just enough water to it so that I could mold it into a shape--that shape being poo.  We had another suite mate who chewed up a few peanuts and added them to the top to make it look a little more, "realistic" she said.  I got a little box, put some tissue paper in it and put our cute little poo inside.

Then I took it down to the switchboard operator's kiosk.  It was in a central location and we'd all used the house phone from there before to call each other.  I told her I had a Secret Santa gift for one of my hall mates and could she call her in five minutes telling her she had a gift to come and pick up.

And it worked.  The remaining five of us eagerly waited and giggled while she went to get her present.  We figured she would come back mad because she'd opened it already, but no, she waited until she got to the room.  And she was so excited.   I started feeling badly before she even opened the box.

When she opened it she looked in and then she screamed.  And we couldn't contain ourselves, we all started laughing.   Fortunately, she was a good sport and after she realized it wasn't real, she asked us how we did it.   I'm glad we didn't upset her too much.

The Big Boy Update:  He is so loud!  I know he's related to his nephew, because when Kyle was young, he had a very loud voice as well.   Noise is good, but he just likes to have more of it than most--especially indoors.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Underpants.  We have been putting my daughter on the potty since she was seven-months-old.  I even have pictures of her first production.  But getting it to stick has been a long process.  Part of it I know is our fault.  We stick her back in pullups when we're going someplace we don't want to deal with poopy underpants and drippings down the leg and all sorts of unsavory baby potty things.  She's got enough awareness and interest now to want to go to the potty and hold it when she's in underpants.  Not always, but I think we're getting close to chucking the pullups for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment