Monday, March 31, 2014

Purse Pounds

I took the dog to get a bath and nail trim at the veterinarian's office today.  While I was waiting to be checked out I looked over at the dog scale.   I'd weighed my dog many times on that scale and I know it has a good level of accuracy for all dogs.   It was about the same time that I decided my purse was heavy...

...so I put it on the dog scale.   Three point three pounds.  That includes the purse, all my junk and my iPad.   Not bad, I thought.  Then I wondered what the average purse weight was so I checked the internet for more information. 

By this time the technician I was working with was interested as well.  It turns out from one study that the average lady's purse in the United States is 6.27 pounds.  So I'm less than half that weight.  I would be happy to me even lower, but I'm not giving up the iPad.

The Big Boy Update:  Look at the fire pipes.  My son saw some fireworks on television today.  He wasn't sure what they were called, but he gave it his best go as he excitedly said, "look at the fire pipes!"

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My friend Maggie.  We had a friend stay with us today, Maggie.  Maggie is one of the students in school with my children.  We had her come over today and visit with us.  She had a good time and my children loved showing her their toys and swing set and introducing her to their dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment