Monday, March 3, 2014

Have You Noticed...

...there haven't been any "Fitness Update" entries for two weeks.   It's not because I've forgotten, it's because I've been completely lazy.  I haven't run, I haven't been to the gym and I haven't done anything remotely fitness-ish that I could report here.

I'd sort of like to run, but it's so cold.  (Well, except for yesterday, which was an anomaly, but I had kids all day.)  And I could have gone to the gym, only my neighbor who loves to go has been out of town and I haven't been motivated enough to get up in the dark and drive there by myself.    I could have gone to the fitness room, but for some reason, I just haven't felt like doing anything.

I might be worried, but then I look at the date.  We're in the middle of the month otherwise known as, "in like a lion, out like a lamb", which means spring is right around the corner.  And there is nothing like spring for making me want to get outside, get in shape and get some sun on my terribly pale winter skin. 

So for now, I'm going to finish my winter mental hibernation and look forward to spring.

The Big Boy Update:  "I'm the real Spiderman."   My son wanted to put on his Halloween costume the other day.  He was making webs with his hands (and adding in sound effects) and he was in the middle of taking care of some, "bad guys" in our bathroom when he turned to me and told me he was the real Spiderman.  I guess he thought I doubted his authenticity.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  "doh doh"  At dinner tonight my daughter looked up at us and started repeating, "doh doh" again and again.  We asked her for clarification, but we got nothing other than more rounds of doh doh.  She stopped for a while but started back in a few minutes.  I don't know that the mystery of the doh doh will ever be solved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment