Monday, March 24, 2014

The Bottom Commiseration

I had a long evening at a board meeting tonight, followed by a necessary evening shopping trip to the grocery store so that we had the necessary (read requested) foods for the children in the morning.  It was as I was bringing in the groceries that I got a call from my Aunt Martha.

I missed the call because I was laden with grocery bags and I couldn't get to my phone in time, but I decided to call her back, because why was she calling me at nine o'clock at night?   That's when I realized she had fallen and hurt her sacrum/coccyx just about the same time I had and from what my mother had told me, she was also suffering in the backside area.

We had the nicest conversation, exchanging stories about where our injuries were and how they were an impedance to our daily routine.  We also discovered that we both held our chiropractors in the highest regard.   We agreed that our chiropractors had helped to keep us comfortable, without medication, for many years--and that is priceless.

We talked about her children, my cousins, and ended the night wishing each other a speedy recovery.  I'm so glad she called.  She's a great aunt.

The Big Boy Update:  "I want English."  My son woke up requesting, "English".  We don't know what he wanted, but apparently it was something on television. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  The piggy pick.  My daughter and son wanted to play with one of their piggy banks given to them as infants.  They figured out how to take the rubber stopper at the bottom off and dump the coins out.  It was when I came upstairs, to a room strewn with coins everywhere, that I realized my daughter thought the thing they were playing with was a, "piggy pick".

No comments:

Post a Comment