Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Diaper Cream Disappearance

As the children grow up and become more independent, we get to move away from things we relied on when they were smaller children.   For over three years now we've had a changing pad and all sorts of changing things on the long dresser in our bedroom.  There are wipes, diapers, more recently pull-ups, diaper cream, lotion, a hair brush, hair bows, steroid cream and other things that come and go, depending on the current health situation of our children.

The time has come to start moving on.  Because both my children are in underpants during the day, we don't have much call for diaper cream or salves any more.  They're also large enough to get them dressed on the bed or standing on the floor.  Soon enough, we're going to have our dresser back in our bedroom.

But I'm going to miss some things, so it won't be all at once.  First off, the variety of uses wipes are put to in our house is significant.  The runny and raw nose is much better addressed with a wet cloth than a dry tissue.   And the ointment we still use for things like eczema and dry skin.  Oh, and there's the hair spray for fly away hair and the hair bows and barrettes and now that I think of it, it's a lot easier for me to put on a "night night" outfit on the changing table (even though my children's legs hand well off the end) given my back issues. 

So okay, it's not all going away today...but it's getting closer to the time when it will.

The Big Boy Update:  Color memory.  You can ask him questions about what color something is and he can think back to that item and tell you that, "daddy's car is brown" or, "my motorcycle is blue" or, "my sister's tricycle is red."  How he can do that and not have any interest in telling us what or with whom he did anything at all during school still intrigues me.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Singing along.  My daughter loves to sing.  She knows more songs than I give her credit for.  We have lots of children's music we play in the car and she will jump in and sing along to many of the songs as soon as they start to play.

Fitness Update:  This should be titled, "Backside update" because it's about my complete lack of exercise lately with the break in my sacrum.  The good news is it is much better.  I'm not in that broken bone achy feeling state all the time.  Hopefully next week I'll get back to the gym.  I am sure my trainer is going to laugh at me and all the muscles I've lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment