Sunday, March 30, 2014

I Turned Down The Volume...

...and I wasn't even in the room.

That's right, my husband has, "set us up the bomb" as the famous poorly-translated saying goes.  We have the best remote control system in our house that I have ever had the privilege of working with. 

First off, the remote controls all our devices.  That's something we've had for a while, as universal remotes have been around for some time.  Secondly, it does so without having to point in any general direction, and that's something that has been a challenge to easily achieve until recently.  You can be in the kitchen, pointing at the oven, and the channel will change or the Netflix movie will start.

And then thirdly, I can control it all from my smart phone or tablet.  And that has proven useful in several situations.  Just recently, the volume of the show that was being watched by the kids at Movie Night was far too loud.   I was in the bed and I was trying to go to sleep.  (It was late, I promise.  Okay, maybe it was early, I don't remember.  Either way, I was tired and I was trying to sleep.) 

So back to the loud movie...I connected to the remote control system via my iPhone, turned down the volume from the comfort of my bed in the next room and no one ever noticed.   I love technology.

The Big Boy Update:  Calm or loud.  My son had an interesting day today.  He was either very calmly watching television, eating or playing on a tablet or he was running around screaming at the top of his lungs and being aggressive.  The combination must have worn him out because he went to bed early.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Carrots.  She has been asking for carrots several times a day for snack of late.   We have not minded.  Tonight at our neighbors, they gave her a full-sized carrot.  She was so excited she brought it home with her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment