Monday, March 17, 2014

My Favorite Kind of Present

I've been sick and I broke my tailbone and I had a good friend stop by with a get well present that I just loved.  She went to the grocery store and got all kinds of things that she said, "made her happy" and that she hoped would make me feel better too.

There were chocolate chip scones, hummus, rosemary raisin crackers, a bag of those tiny little oranges, a honey ginger hand soap bottle, some trail mix, this chocolate bark with pretzels and several other things that have skipped my mind at this point, two days later. 

By the time dinner had come around, I had tried most of the things she'd brought and my daughter was on her third orange.  I didn't realize my daughter could completely peel them, would throw the peels away, could get the white stuff off the slices, and then break apart and eat the slices.   She was loving them.

She and I also enjoyed the hummus and I ate a lot of the chocolate.  It was so nice to have such a fun present.  It's one of my favorite kinds of presents, because I just like food and different things.  When I travel abroad, I like to go to a grocery store and go up and down the aisles, looking at all the different things they have available.  Usually, my suitcase comes home with multiple things from the grocery store and I enjoy them and think about the trip and the fun I had while I was traveling.

I feel better today, although my tailbone is one large achy broken bone for now.  But, I've figured out how to roll up a towel and sleep on my back for a bit, which is a great relief.

The Big Boy Update:  He hid the remote.  We couldn't find it.  My husband looked all over.  When he asked my son if he knew where it was and my son said, "yes", I yelled across the room, "believe him.  Ask him where it is."  So he did, and my son took him into the guest bedroom, and showed him where he had hidden it, under the pillows, in a spot we wouldn't have found until Uncle Bob came to visit.   Hooray for honest toddlers.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  She dressed herself.  She didn't have pants on yesterday and then, suddenly, she had on pants (backwards) and shoes.  My husband and I looked at each other and then realized she had gone upstairs, gotten pants and then found her shoes and put them on.  She was, however, disappointed that she couldn't go outside and play on the swing set in the rain after that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment