Tuesday, September 27, 2022

When Words Fail

It is really frustrating when there is a word you want to say but it fails you.   It's on the tip of your, well, it's somewhere, but you can't bring it forth.  I don't even think the word was on the tip of my tongue tongith.  I was thinking of a thing I could picture, I could see it vividly.  I could imagine people interacting with the thing.   I could see variations of all manner of this particular thing.   

Only I didn't know what the thing was called. 

I sent a message to someone about the thing I was unable to label properly, dodging the word entirely and using a different way to indicate what I was talking about.   

After I sent the message, I started to walk away and then suddenly I turned around and went to the keyboard to add: ORNAMENTS!

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Mimi Conversations:  My children each took some time to talk to my mother over the past two days.  I was afraid my daughter was going to wear Mimi out.   She was in the tub and decided to lounge in the water, and tell Mimi about simply everything.  My son talked to both Mimi and Gramps today.  It's really nice that they get to talk to their grandparents some.  We all miss seeing them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment