Thursday, September 22, 2022

Game Time?

My son is currently at a Magic the Gathering after school group at Code Ninjas.   I used to play MTG a lot.  I loved it. It was like Dungeons and Dragons but with cards. You could get all sorts of cards and make your own deck up with a range of cards. You could make your deck smaller or larger and then you played against your friend to see who had the more powerful deck.
 
You could have a large deck that is very powerful, but you get the high cost cards too early when you can’t afford to play them or any other number of things that might make a large deck sound like a good idea when it might be a hindrance.  

A small deck can also be a negative if you don’t have enough of the cards you need to build a large enough opposition to defend against or attack your opponent.   Or, you might have the perfect deck, well balanced in every way, but your opponent has a deck that is built specifically to take advantage of a spell or feature and your deck isn't well equipped to defend against it.

My son is playing using the online version of the game, which is easier, but it lacks some of the direct interaction that you get with the cards.   I ordered a large pack of common cards so he and I could possibly make decks and play together.   I hope he'll want to play with me.   Sometimes doing things with parents is boring or uncool, you know.

The Big Boy Update:  my son got in the car to go to  Code Ninjas and wanted to listen to classic movie music songs in silence.  He loves orchestra music.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles: no more phone calls from my daughter.  Her father leaves to fly down in a few hours.  He gets her in the morning.  I miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment