Thursday, September 22, 2022

A Phone Call

The Camper Returns:  My son got home from his three-day camping trip with his class and other classes at his school, and actually, for the first time in I think ever, he wanted to tell me all about the trip.  Everything they did as a group, the food they ate, the things he liked, and the things his team did.  

I tried to be an active listener and ask questions indicating I was listening and after the second question, he asked if I could just let him tell everything first?   His father came upstairs and listened in as well.   He had thinking questions to do tomorrow on his rest day at home, but he wanted to write the paragraphs tonight instead of tomorrow.   

Tomorrow though, he's going to rest (and play video games.  He has a earned some down time I think,)

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter called from camp tonight.   She sounded fine, but she also said she wanted to come home.  She had people around her as she was in "the phone room."   I think she was a little homesick.   She didn't cry or sound like she was even close to crying, but we both talked to her until she had to go.  Tomorrow is the last day, and she "graduates" at the party/celebration tomorrow night.  Then we said dad would be getting her the next morning.  One more day.  Just knowing her father was flying in "tomorrow" and would be right near her helped a lot I think.  I hope so.  She said she had to go.  I wasn't ready for her to hang up, but she said goodbye.   Maybe I'm childawaysick.

No comments:

Post a Comment