Monday, September 5, 2022

Proper Tucking

My son has been wanting to be "tucked" at night.   This must be a tradition he and his father started because he will come to the basement at night and say, "dad, will you come tuck me?"  Tonight it was my turn.  

My son was supposed to have brushed his teeth.   They're still in the convincing stage that they need to brush their teeth every day, twice a day.   I told my son some dental work stories because he didn't understand what happened to teeth that got cavities and how it all happened that well. 

Then, he said, "you're excused now, mom."   I said I hadn't tucked him yet and then proceeded to tuck the covers all around him.  He said, "your tucking is different than dad's; I like it."  I asked how it was different.  Apparently, I tuck the covers around him, and dad likes to make them more like a made bed would be. 

It's Not What You Think:  My daughter came down tonight and said her brother said she had better have me read her the puberty book because what she was wanting to do wasn't okay.   What was she wanting to do?  Ride my on my son's back like he was a dog or a horse.   I told her her brother didn't quite know what he was talking about and that what she was wanting to do was fine.   Still, we needed to read that puberty book, I told her.   "Not now!" she said and ran out of the room as fast as she could muster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment